Friday, April 16, 2010

From Marsha Moore Cunningham


Thanks so much to all for your kind words of sympathy which Dina and I appreciate.  My mom was very much "with it" until the end.  She was indeed an exceptional woman and, as we have discovered, had soo many friends.  


An interesting fact for all CHS'ers - she too graduated from City and believe it or not, had some of the same teachers, such as Miss Patton for three years of Latin. Creed Bates was there as well.  She attended UC as did all her sisters, but unlike me, graduated in three years. Several of us were also married in the Patton Chapel. 


Dru, your comments regarding mothers, certainly apply to many of us.  I too, will so miss talking with her on a daily basis and sharing with her as well as receiving advice, wisdom and thoughts on so many subjects and I don't expect this will ever cease. 
On a lighter note , Dru, I want to wish you, although perhaps belated, a very special birthday.  After all, you are quite a special person!  I can't begin to thank you for your efforts in keeping "the blog" alive.  I feel it's certainly a thread that holds us all together in these later years when such contacts are genuinely appreciated by so many of us.  


I do wish more of us would choose to contribute updates, etc. -  it's all interesting.
My best to all of you.   


Marsha 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marsha makes me feel good with her comments on the blog. I am, however, just a conduit for the contributions from all our classmates. Thanks, everyone, for sharing. Dru Smith Fuller

Post a Comment