Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Alvin Fox update and advice

Hi, all. Sorry I haven't been a good communicator lately. Earlier this month my Cardiologist surprised me by finding 2 badly blocked heartarteries, and I required angioplasties with stents. I had bypass surgery 12 years ago, 5 bypasses. I'm very, very lucky he found them, and corrected them.

In "chatting" with Sharon this evening, it occurred to me that a number of our classmates may be flying in for the Reunion. There is a great Shuttleservice between Chattanooga and the Atlanta Airport, and Chattanooga and the Nashville Airport. It may be cheaper to fly in and out of Atlanta or Nashville, and there are many more choices of flights.

The shuttle is Groome of TN. It is on Ringgold Road. They use 10 passanger vans which are clean and comfortable, and they have a reputation of most always being on time. I scanned their schedule, and it is attached. Scroll down as there are three pages. Lauren and I took the shuttle from Nashville to Atlanta recently, and we found it enjoyable. I had a nice chat with our driver from Chatt to Atlanta. He went to City, and graduated in the mid 1960's. He was among the first group to move from Howard High to City. The cost is approx. $35 per person for each segment. They may be willing to work with us as a group.You may want to post this info on our blog, or mail it with the invitations.Take care, Alvin

No comments:

Post a Comment