Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Jon Lamb


Dru and Sharon;

I wanted to personally thank you, and all of your wonderful classmates, for your kind comments and remembrance of my brother Jon. While he was in a different class he had many friends in you and Wanda's class. He had such wonderful memories of City and often spoken of them over the past years. He was a wonderful human being. While tough on the outside, having served his country numerous times in Viet Nam, he cared greatly for his wife, children and family and would do anything for someone in need. I was very proud to be his brother and will miss him greatly.

I had the chance to visit with him in his final days and we had wonderful conversations about growing up in Chattanooga, about City and the UT Vols. He always dreamed of coming back to Chattanooga and Tennessee in his retirement years as he loved the river, lakes and mountains we all call home. I know his spirit is there today.

Again; I greatly appreciate your sharing my brother's passing with your classmates. Please extend my warm gratitude for all of your heart felt words.

With best regards,

Ted Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment