Monday, January 10, 2011

RIP '59er Janet McBirney Childs

Just heard some sad news last night from David McBirney, Janet McBirney Child's brother, that Janet died on Jan. 2, 2011. Don't have any information at the moment. I was able to find only a brief mention in the Atlanta Journal Constitution 1/5/11.

We were all friends with Janet from 6th or 7th grade. I find it hard to believe that so many years have gone by and seemingly so quickly! I'll spare you the cliches. While we didn't keep in touch too much, it's still sad to lose a long-time friend.

Fondly,

Carol Cameron Ackerson



Past posts about Janet McBirney Childs:

from Some things I learned from talking with “newly found” classmates by Louella Cherry Spencer:

Janet McBirney Childs – I went to Normal Park, Northside, and CHS with Janet so it was so fun to find her and chat. She is excited about the reunion and has kept in touch with Carol Cameron Ackerson. Janet has 5 grandchildren.


Response from Janet McBirney Childs to 2009 50th Reunion invitation:

Moved to Charleston, SC with my 2 beautiful girls, remarried, worked for awhile in medical laboratory (med tech, trained at Emory), got my masters degree from The Citadel, taught 2nd grade for 15 years in Charleston, when my beloved GL died, I met Richard, remarried (again), retired and moved to Atlanta where I live now, we spend our time traveling, since Richard retired last year, See you soon, Janet






No comments:

Post a Comment