Sunday, July 31, 2011

To '59ers

Today I received an anonymous mailing insulting one of our classmates whom I like and respect. Because the scurrilous piece obviously was sent to several other class members, I would appreciate your posting this message on the Class of '59 Facebook page or website, whichever is in existence. I strongly feel that the subject of this vicious slur deserves our strong support.
I have just received at our home an anonymous (read "cowardly") and incredibly cruel and hurtful mailing that unfairly attacks a very fine and talented member of our class. If this was in fact sent to me by or at the request of any classmate, then whoever you are, you deserve to be drummed out of the class, and worse. The lady you so despicably demeaned does not deserve such a slanderous assault from anyone, and least of all, from you. You are directed to remove my name and address
immediately from your mailing list. 
If you have a problem with what I say in all sincerity to you, you know where I live. 
George Derryberry,
Saturday, July 30, 2010


***
George speaks for me as well.

Susie Turner Crouch

No comments:

Post a Comment