Monday, August 1, 2011

Judy Laubscher McClurg

Today I got an email from Gaynell and Wanda telling me that Judy's battle with cancer is ravaging her little body. Delmar asked me awhile back to keep him informed because Judy had been very nice to him one time and he never forgot it. So I emailed him and Delmar I hope you don't mind me sending this out but I thought it was beautiful and so special to me. This is really what our classmates love for each other is all about.



Judy Laubscher McClurg
Doris Thompson Dooley
1959



Judy Laubscher McClurg
Doris Thompson Dooley
2011

"I am so sorry that this is happening to Judy. As you know, she was at the 70th Birthday bash. I was sitting behind her and as it was dark and she was facing away, I didn't know who she was. I went up and asked the man beside her, "Sir, if you're a spouse, I want to welcome you to our reunion. (I didn't know who he was, but he was a very strong-looking, handsome fellow, in a fine suit, and he replied, "I'm ____ (I didn't catch or hear his first name) McClurg." I said, "Oh, I'm so glad you came," and I looked beside him, and there sat Judy. I bent over and kissed her on her cheek and said "God bless you, Judy, we all love you so much. I'm so glad you came. it wouldn't have been the same without you." Judy smiled at that, and later she and her husband got up and slow-danced a little, and I'm not ashamed to admit it, the tears rolled down my face."
Lee Reynolds 
Let's all keep Judy in our prayers at this time. It is so much more important than the negativism that is going around now.With love,

Susie


Linda Rhoden McKinney, Doris Thompson Dooley, Judy Laubscher McClurg, 
Carolyn Tuley Darr, Barbara Dalton Warner, Sandra Belk King

No comments:

Post a Comment