Monday, August 22, 2011

OK Delmar. Where's the "rest of the story?"

As of this morning, 9 different classmates, all male, have asked me what happened with "Black Hair:" did I go back, etc. The question is justified. I expect I'd want to know also.

Bill Dickert kindly gave me permission to forward my answer to his question about her, so here it is. Please post it on the blog. 

LOL, if my keyboard doesn't get some relief from answering the same question over and over, it may try to go on strike. One thing is certain from all this: people are reading our blog!

Lee Reynolds
confederatesub@yahoo.com
www.leeworks.addr.com



--- On Sun, 8/21/11, Bill Dickert wrote: 

To: "Reynolds Delmar"
Subject: TH Payne
Date: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 9:58 PM

OK Delmar. Where's the "rest of the story?", as Paul Harvey used to say, with respect to the black-haired 20-year-old girl?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Bill Dickert Sent from my iPhone



--- On Mon, 8/22/11, Lee Reynolds wrote to Bill Dickert 

Ho Ho! I did go back to T.H.Payne's, but about a week later, for, like most kids at that time, I didn't have access to a car and had to ride the bus (I wasn't about to ask the Col. to borrow his car).

"Black Hair" wasn't there. I sort of hung around, not sure of what to do, and finally left.

About a week after that, I went back again, but again, "Black Hair" was nowhere to be seen. I should have called first, but didn''t think of it. I finally asked the manager about her, giving her description.

"Linda?" replied the manager. "Sure, she works here, but this is her day off. She's really something, isn't she? Linda's married to John over there (indicating a male clerk). What about her?" "Oh, nothing," I responded. "You've answered my question."

So that was that. She had been bored, possibly also wanting to make her husband jealous, and was just flirting. Life in the big city.

Too bad, too, because after I turned 16 in October, 20 didn't seem all that old after all.

Lee Reynolds
confederatesub@yahoo.com
www.leeworks.addr.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment