Sunday, March 15, 2009

Eric Reece



Eric Reece will be coming from his home in New Mexico and will be looking for friends at the reunion!

After graduating from City, I attended Georgia Tech. While at Tech, I met and married the love of my life, Jeanne. I took a job at Sandia National Laboratories, and we moved west to Albuquerque. What I thought was going to be a short term job (they sent me to grad school) ended up lasting forty incredibly interesting years. I had the opportunity to work on a wide variety of things: electronic sensors for Vietnam; seabed sensors supporting oil exploration;
concepts for the exploration of the Martian surface; and for the last fifteen years, managing Sandia's missle defense programs. One of the best things about my last job was the opportunity to visit Huntsville, AL where I was able to hook up with Ron Davis, one of our classmates and the best man at my wedding.

Jeanne and I have two wonderful daughters, Cindy and Sandy. They each have two daughters- I have male dogs. I retired from Sandia in December, 2004. I spend my time caring for Jeanne (some health issues right now), looking in on my ninety-three year old mother, playing with the two granddaughters who live in Albuquerque, and trying to break 90 on the golf course.

No comments:

Post a Comment