Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Kent Shalibo: To my classmates


Dear friends are like the stars in the sky, you may not always see them, but they are always there


Dear Dru (Smith Fuller),

You have provided a wonderful way for us to stay connected right up to our reunion. I can't thank you enough for making this possible. It is so satisfying to hear from so many of our classmates.

I think Louella (Cherry Spencer 's) idea for a class theme is great! We'll just have to see what everyone else thinks. (Louella, weren't you at Northside with me?)

And John (JD) Barton, I hope you make it back. You were another one of those classmates with so much musical talent.

Butch Snyder(now Ritch Christopher), your eloquent message was heartwarming. I do want to cheer you up a bit, however. Don't let yourself fall victim to this old age mentality. As the saying goes, aging is mandatory but growing up is optional. Being in our 60's is like our parents in their 40's. We've still got so much ahead of us if you only believe!

I see you have some health issues that don't make it easy to stay optimistic. Please know that you are dearly remembered for all you gave to this class and we all want you with us next year to celebrate our life together for those three years at City and beyond.

I said last year to many of my classmates: Dear friends are like the stars in the sky, you may not always see them, but they are always there. Buddy and Pat are there as well and they still remember what you meant to them.

Kent Shalibo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kent. This blog's fun, isn't it? --Dru

Post a Comment