Monday, February 18, 2008

Looking forward to seeing you all at the 50th

I have had a wonderful life. Moved to NYC in 1968 and was a member of the long Island Sunrisers Senior Drum & Bugle Corps which won the American Legion National Champion that year. The following year I felt the Lord's call into ministry, and resigned my position at American Express Co in Wall Street. I entered Philadelphia Theological Seminary, and after seminary pastored a church in Long Island, New York, Community Bible Church. God did some wonderful things through that ministry including the sponsorship and settlement of over 400 refugees from South East Asia and Africa. It was written up in World Relief Magazine, Women's Day Magazine, and the New York Times, Long Island Addition.

I met my wife from West Tennessee at Calvary Baptist Church in NYC. We have 3 wonderful children, now grown, 2 of them are living in Atlanta, and one in Rhode Island. I pastored a church in Tulsa, OK, and in Chichester, New Hampshire and Pittsfield, New Hampshire. After retiring from the ministry, I drove a tour bus throughout New England.

It has been such a joy to know my grown children whom I dearly love. I have great memories of CHS, certainly of Marty Brown, Butch, J. D. Barton, of course the band, and so many others. I think God really blessed all of us at CHS. It was a special time in my life.

I thank God for each and everyone of you, and look forward to reading the blog from time to time, and would love to hear from you all personally. I will be 66 at the reunion :), so like JD I will condecend to your older folks.

Bud Woodward
Pastor Bud@Hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment