Saturday, April 30, 2011

from Lee Reynolds: Tornado

Hi all,
  
Possibly it is possible to post this on the blog. Oh, first. I did send in my $50.00 to Susie this morning for the Bessie Smith hall get-together on the 4th. 
   
Our house was directly in the tornado the other day and all of our cars got badly damaged.  Hail the size of , first lemons, then baseballs hit us directly and side-to side. The hail was clear, hard ice. Not white at all, but clear.
 
In nearly 70 years, I've never seen hail like that. All of our cars were badly damaged. My Toyota has a smashed windshield and hundreds of dents 1/2 inch deep all over it. One can lay an egg in some of the dents and it won't roll out.  
 
And it was such a nice little car. It's ruined, but it still drives beautifully. One out of three cars in this area looks like mine, some worse. The insurance office says it is swamped.
 
So I expect that if I do get to come to the 70th Birthday Bash, it will be in that once pretty, now beat-up Toyota. I hope that everyone will understand what happened. I am posting this so that hopefully everyone will know what happened. 
 
I do hope to see everybody and hope we all have  a good time. Again, I greatly appreciate what you folks are doing.  
   
best to all,
   
Delmar Lee Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment