Sunday, May 1, 2011

This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.......

Finally, in day # 4 I have electricity - what a bummer it was! I'm like a kid with a new toy running around turning lights on and off. I want to let you know who all I've heard from and couldn't do it earlier because of power outtage. It was really bad in North Chattanooga.
 
Our wonderful Trudy Walker is coming and also sweetened the pot with her donation and Yo, Lew Waddey and Ann checked in and contributed to the "general fund". Love them and so glad they are coming. Brenda Breneman is coming to the birthday party and brunch, Lynda Wright is coming to the party as well as Carl and Suzie Llewellyn. And, then I got the cutest note from Dotty Eldridge who is coming to the party and brunch and a little for the "kitty". Heck, ya'll we may have enough money to have another party!!!!! Keep the reservations coming. It's going to be fun.
 
On another note....we did set a May 4th deadline which is mainly to let the caterer know how many to expect. I want you to know, however, that we want you come if you can right up to the day of!!! I have checked with the caterer and the Chattanoogan for the brunch and asked, "can I add more if needed?" Yes, we can. I don't want anyone to feel like they've missed the deadline and cannot come, we want you here.
 
I want to share a few regrets:
 
 
I wish I could attend the big bash, but won't be able to make it - too bad it wasn't in Jan., Feb. or March when I was in Chattanooga, but then I know that is not when Chattanooga is at its finest!.  What a wonderful job you and all the organizers are doing and I send you all many thanks and kudos for a job so very well done.  I will be thinking of everyone on the 4th.
 
 
 I regret that Brenda and I will be unable to attend the celebration.  Due to my retirement, there are scheduled events that prevent our attendance.  We wish everyone a wonderful celebration party.  Thanks for doing such a good job of keeping us informed.
 
 
It is with regret that I have to report that I will not be able to attend, however please convey to all my best wishes for a bunch of fun.
All my best.

 
From Faye Wilson Godwin:
 
I regret I will not be able to attend the 70th Birthday Event on June 4, 2011.
 Best Regards,

 Dian Hodge has also sent regrets and really wants to do something for the birthday - we're thinking on that and will let you know later.
 
Love from North Chattanooga,
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the St Elmo folks and those that know Wesley Phillips :: he is recovering from surgery to remove some " nasty " cancer cells from his neck and is happy to report that all the bad cells were removed and he is on the road to recovery .

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers .

Ken Peterson

Post a Comment