Monday, May 30, 2011

Regrets from Linda Swanson...

This is a picture of my husband Peter and me
from a cruise we took on the Columbia River
in August 2007, Linda Swanson
Dear Dru and Classmates All,

Heartfelt happy birthday to all of us.  I had hoped to join you, but developments with my dad became overwhelming.  I have to be in Chattanooga from July 7 to the 15 with the rest of my family, cleaning out the old family home (100 years of accumulation) and, hopefully, listing it for sale.  I'm not up to making two trips that close together. 

I know that many of you will remember Daddy, as I believe he came to every one of our basketball games.  He is doing his best to hang in there, 97 years old now and living at Manorhouse on Mountain Creek Rd, where they take very good care of him.  Nancy Poole Klein stops in to see him when she visits another friend who lives there.  Special hugs for Nancy; she lost her mother last week. 

Louella, thanks for your email.  It became buried and I have not been able to unearth it.  Please send your phone number.  I'd love to hear directly from Miss Congeniality how the party went.  (My email is laslaw@pacbell.net.)

And Sissy Bowen, I'm so glad they found you and hope I'll see you again some day.

I am sending a contribution (made out to Anne Johnson) to help pay for the birthday cake.

Dru, Susie, Sharon and Anne—you are all amazing.  I don't have any idea how you put these amazing messages together, with all the old pictures.  I enjoy reading all of them, especially the comments from George Will.  So I'll close with one of his lines:

Playing with house money (since May 23),

Warmest greetings,


150 Madrone Avenue
Larkspur, CA 94939
(415) 927-1990; FAX 927-1950
cell: (415) 971-5141 (TEXTING ONLY)

No comments:

Post a Comment