Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Birthday from Thailand

David Young Parker...

Damn, you're getting old!! ;-)

Today it's the 21st in Bangkok, so I'm probably the first to wish you happy birthday on "the day". Actually, tomorrow is my birthday (22 March), but I'll be 68....you younger guys always had all the fun.

I would imagine that my birthday will be a little different than yours. We'll have a blessing by nine monks tomorrow morning (it's a Thai thing), and then in the afternoon, we're feeding the residents of a local poor area... Being in Thailand does make things a little different.

So, Happy Birthday from Thailand..and many more returns...

Paul Robere

3 comments:

Carolyn Presswood said...

O.k, I'll join the birthday bandwagon. My 67th is Mon, the 24th.
Happy Birthday to David and Paul, too.

Carolyn

Were you born in Chatta? I was and so was my mother and grandmother.

David Young Parker said...

Paul,

Thank you and Happy Birthday to you!

Your big No. 68.

How long have you lived in Thailand? My wife lived in Bangkok during the war.

Thanks,

David

David Young Parker said...

Carolyn,

Yes, I was born in Chattanooga. My parents were living at 2102 Bailey Avenue at the time.

I was born in Erlanger Hospital.

My Mother was born in Chattanooga on March 23, 1912 at home on East Fith Street. Her sister was born there in 1905. My grandfather worked in the office at the Norfolk & Western Railway. My great Uncle Howard Tittle owned W.H. Tittle Auto Company on Pine Street for many years. He was the DeSoto-Plymouth dealer. My Mother told me that he owned the first Pierce Arrow in Chattanooga.

How does it feel to be 67?

David

Post a Comment