Thursday, November 12, 2009

Shalibo military service greatly exaggerated


Dear classmates,

I wish I could take credit for military service but I can not. I didn't serve my country in that capacity. So Dru (Fuller), please remove my name from the military service list. I did, however, serve in the USMC vicariously through my buddy, George (Derryberry), who brought me up-to-date on his exploits every time we got together and through his letters in the mid sixties.

We take so much for granted what our service women and men sacrificed for us to have. FT. Hood is a tragic example of what we are still up against even here at home. So to all my classmates who answered the call to service, I truly thank you for the gift of freedom and the true democracy you helped preserve.

Blessing to all,
Kent Shalibo




No comments:

Post a Comment