Thursday, January 17, 2008

Jon Locke: Poem for 50th

FW: CHS'59 reunion. Poetry Party!
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 14:08:33

I have the honor of being assigned to write a poem for our 50th anniversary. I have been thinking about what I should say. 50 years is a long time. My mind cannot grasp it all. Besides, I have no idea how most of you have spent it.

So tonight I thought of having YOU help me write the poem. I remember once having poetry parties at my home. Several of us would sit around a table and think of a topic. then each of us would write a line or two without seeing anyone else's. Then we would go around the table and read our new poem. It was interesting and fun. (And sometimes enlightening!)

So why don't you take your time and send me a few lines about your most fun or significant time during the last 48 years. It doesn't have to rhyme. Or even make sense. Leave the rest to me.

And if you don't mind, include a few lines letting me know how you have been doing lately. Seeing all the familiar names on the list of 1959 graduates really makes me wonder.

In love and gratitude, I remain,

Yours sincerely,
Jon Locke jon1111@comcast.net

No comments:

Post a Comment