Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tribute to Buddy Cox

Often when one is reared as an only child, he goes through life longing for a brother or a sister. Then maybe, if he's lucky, he'll find another 'only child' with the same search.

I met Buddy Cox in the seventh grade at Hardy Jr. High and we bonded as the brothers, neither of us ever had. We remained close throughout the three years at City.

After high school our paths parted into different directions.

When he died, all too soon, I was hundreds of miles away and I've regretted I wasn't near him when he needed me the most.

I remember thousands of good times we shared at City in the choir, swing band, Stunt Night, musical shows with the Dynatones, Marty, Brian, Bob, Buddy, and me. The only tone that's silent is his.

We shared the stage in "The Pajama Game" as we shared life off-stage. He was fun, talented, scholarly, warm, loving, and kind. He was my friend, my Buddy. I stop and smile whenever I think of him. ---Ritch Christopher (then, Butch Snyder)

E-mail your deceased classmate tributes to chs59rs@yahoo.com

View other tributes at www.chs59ers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment