Tuesday, June 28, 2011

CHS '59ers posts for June 28



CHS '59ers:  Get on Track!
                                                                          

June 28, 2011 


________________
Contacts:


        



 Dan Anderson: 

A Message from Rick Mitchell

"When I think of Dan, I view him as a driving force behind organizing many of our earlier class get-togethers. They have meant a lot to me over the years, and I feel a debt of gratitude towards Dan & Carolyn both. 


Thanks, Dan, for your caring attitude, and the hard work you put in to keep our class together. While we've missed you physically at the last outings, you've been and will continue to be with us in spirit.
God bless


-- Rick Mitchell"


More thoughts ...

Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2011 5:40 PM
Carolyn Grant Anderson posted in CHS '59ers.
CHS 59ers.......... You all are one super group!   Thank you so much for your love and concern, your visits and your cards for Dan and me.   Dan loved you all so very much.
Carolyn Grant Anderson 5:39pm Jun 28
CHS 59ers.......... You all are one super group! Thank you so much for your love and concern, your visits and your cards for Dan and me. Dan loved you all so very much.
***

David G. Bailey CHS 1959 - June 28th, 2011 at 8:04pm - Email

As I read all the beautiful comments here, what else could be said about this wonderful man. Just like all before, Danny never met a stranger, he could bring out the best in every person. 

We began our friendship @ East Lake Jr.High in 1955, and it carried on from there, all the way through City High. As leaving for the military soon after School, I lost touch with a lot of CHS, but the memories still live on as I see the names of classmates. 

As I would see my family from time to time, my niece's husband who also had met Danny, would always tell me "DANNY SAID TO SAY HELLO" when he saw me, that was the Danny I remember. Riding the Bus to school with him onboard is a memory that will live forever. 

To Carolyn and the family, I must say it was memories of him I will cherish for ever. 

Goodbye my friend. David Bailey Monroe, Ga







No comments:

Post a Comment