Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Yep, it was party...

Louella did such a good job with her recap (thanks) so I won't reiterate what she's said but I do want to personally extend thanks to our hard workers - behind the scene and up front.

All year long Sharon had produced the cutest birthday greetings for everyone even before she started working on the Invitations. A lot of love was put into each and every one of them. Then we say, "just send it to Dru!" Dru is the glue that holds us all together. What a wonderful job she's done with the blog.

What a way to kick start our weekend with Bill Cross hosting the hospitality room and David Pearce furnishing the wine. A lot of hard work went into the luncheon hosted by Anne Johnson and the Waddey's, Gaynell and all of the luncheon committee. A huge thanks goes out to the planning committee.

I just loved the Bessie Smith...Kent Smith came over to my house with his truck and loaded it full with wine, beer, water, cokes, etc. that had been occupying my kitchen floor. Bill, Linda, the Parkers, Alvin Fox, Sissy, Wanda and Ted, Vicki helped unload and set up.

The table decorations Vicki put together were fantastic. She is so creative and does a great job. And, didn't you just love the "Days of our Lives" posters that Wanda brought and hung and donated. David and Alvin set up the Memorial table. Nice of them to do that. Carolyn Darr was responsible for getting the table cloths at a really good price! I had a fit over the cake, thought it was the cutest thing ever...Linda and I had a ball picking it out! Thanks to the Steinmanns for telling me..."get the cupcakes".

A very special thanks goes to Linda Rogers - my Rock of Gibralter - whenever I got knocked down or fell down, she was there to pick me up or just say, "get up!" and then finally THANK YOU to all our classmates who came and whose generosity makes these events successful. The donations were enormous and we didn't even ask!!!!!

The bills have been paid and we still have a very healthy bank account...does that mean we have another party in the offing?????

Til then...

Love from North Chattanooga,

No comments:

Post a Comment