Friday, June 10, 2011

Paul Robere and Bud Woodward


Bud,

Thanks for the email.  All goes well here in Thailand.  The rain continues on a daily basis.  I think that we missed a season and jumped right into the monsoon season again.

It was good to see the pictures of all the classmates.  You should come over to China.  I get over there from time to time, but most of my time is spent in Turkey, India, Vietnam, Malaysia and the Philippines…I've been asked back to Pakistan, but for now, I think that I'll pass on that opportunity.

I did watch the film clip on the marching band.  I think I made a comment to the blog about it, but the amazing thing was watching it, and it was almost like I was there once again. 

I'm glad that you liked the video clip.  I've found out that as you get more……mature……that you focus more on doing something that will have a lasting impact on people.  So, for a 30 minute operation and 500 USD, you can change a person's life..  And who knows what capabilities lay in that little individual.  I saw a man in the park this morning.  He was about 50-60 years old with a facial deformity that could have been corrected when he was a young child…but then again the services that we provide now, weren't available back then.

Whenever you see children like the one at the left, you know that your efforts and time are well spent…who know what this child will do in the future?  It's an amazing thing to see.

I just had a thought.  Remember about 55 years ago when we wondered what we were going to do with our lives.  I remember distinctly thinking that I was going to be a missionary.  I remember the missionaries coming to church (Brainard Presbyterian) and telling us of the work they were doing with the "natives".  Well that sounded exciting.  So that was my direction…but things changed and I didn't go down that path.  But now that I look back, I've ended up doing what I originally wanted to do….even if it was in a roundabout way.  It just goes to show that God certainly has a way of bringing us full circle to what we thought we were going to do..

So, tell me what you're doing these days to keep mind and body healthy….maybe we could get the class of '59 to sponsor a smile!!!!!

If you get the chance, pass on my regards to all of my fellow classmates..


"CREATING LASTING QUALITY PARTNERSHIPS IN THAILAND SINCE 1991
CONTACT US AT: mailto:info@robere.com
VISIT US AT: WWW.ROBERE.COM


From: Bud [mailto:BudWoodward@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 7:18 PM
To: paul@robere.com


Thanks for the birthday greetings and well wishes.  But thanks for the video clip of the smile program.  What a miracle and blessing. 

I well remember you Paul, and of course your dad, who visited in our home many times as my brother often played with him in his band.  I am glad to see you doing so well in Asia.  I have been entertaining teaching ESL in China myself. 

In case you haven't seen them.  I have posted all the band films from 1954-58 on my website, and they can also be found at utube under Budga1206.  Enjoy them.

May God's richest blessings be with you my brother.

Bud Woodward

No comments:

Post a Comment