Thursday, May 14, 2009

50th reunion of CHS class of 1959

Anne Johnson,

It is with much sadness and disappointment that I have to tell you that I will not be able to attend the reunion this weekend. My dear sweet wife has been ill for some time, and now has a back problem as well. We have lived with this for the 41 years of our marriage. For no apparent reason, and for no particular action, her lower back will just "go out" as the doctors say, and she will be in extreme pain, at times for days, and some times for weeks.

The only remedy that has sporadically helped in the past is an adjustment by a chiropractor. But if the adjustment is performed incorrectly it can make it worse. Her chiropractor has retired and we are hesitant to try a new one. We did that once several years ago, and it made things worse. The only other remedy is for her to stay as immobilized as possible, and eventually the pain goes away.

I have been looking forward to this reunion so much and for so long. Many of our classmates who have indicated they are coming I have not seen for 50 years since we graduated. I loved our class and our 3 years at CHS so much, and have so many wonderful memories, and was looking forward to reliving many of them with our classmates. Those were 3 wonderful and happy years for me. Please give all of our classmates my warmest regards, and tell them I will certainly be there in spirit.

I really just can not express in words how appreciative of you I am, and how terribly disappointed I am to have to miss this. I shall so look forward to reports from Rick and others about this once in a lifetime event.

Much love and blessings,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment