Saturday, May 23, 2009

BudDoc051609

Hey guys, Bud Woodward here. Thought I would send you a digest of my life since high school, since I am not sure I can attend the reunion, even though I am going to try.



After high school, I attended college, finally graduating from Franklin Pierce University with a BS. I remained in Chattanooga until 1968, when I moved to New York City and took a position with Franklin Simon Department store chain as Accounts Payable Manager. After that I went with American Express on Wall Street as a department manager. It was about 1971 when God got a hold of my life while attending Calvary Baptist Church in NYC, and I went to seminary in Philadelphia. I received a call from a little church behind Kennedy Airport, and pastured there for 12 years.



The church was written up in the New York Times, Long Island Edition, as well as World Relief national magazine for our workwith the inner city and also with sponsoring and settling refugees from South East Asia primarily. I also married Linda Hendrix from West Tennessee, and we eventually had 3 children, now all grown and living in Atlanta. Unfortunately my marriage broke up in 1998.

From New York I was called to pastor a congregational church outside of Concord, NH, and severed there 2 different times; 1984-1988, 1994-1998. After a few years out of the ministry I was called to a Baptist church outside of Concord where I served for 4 years before retiring. The thing I am so grateful to God for is that all of these churches grew by “conversion” growth as men, women, boys and girls came into a “saving relationship with Jesus Christ”. I could only tell of the miracles God has done.

One of the accomplishments I saw was when I became president of a Christian Radio company that was 12 years in the process of trying to get on the air in Concord, NH. It had met one road block after another. After changing the board, we were able to become a Moody Radio affiliate in 1996 WVNH is on the air 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the first Christian Radio station in central New Hampshire.

I have always been a trouble shooter going into churches that had died spiritually, and seeking to bring them back to life. After my last church I started driving a Motor Coach, and have enjoyed it ever since. In August of 2007 I moved to the Atlanta area where my grown kids are all now living. Bought a home in Stone Mountain, and my middle daughter, her husband, and 3 grandbabies all live with me.

I think back to the years at CHS and before that Hardy Jr. High School. Those were years of blessings and good friends. Who can ever forget the great CHS Marching Band, or the year that the Basketball team defeated ChattCentral at the regions in Cleveland and went on to lose the state by 1 point. And I will never forget Col Bates trying to get us all back into the school when we had the “snake” dance, and it poured out in blocking East 3rdstreet. To this day I still remember the production of “Pajama Game” and how I was so surprised to see Richard singing the lead, as the professional he turned out to be.

This picture was taken last Thanksgiving at my new home in GA. My 2 son-in-laws on either side of me, andmy 3 grown kids in front along with my 3 grandchildren.

The joy of my heart, is to see the “goodness of the Lord” displayed in my life and family. What an amazing GodThis is a



Bud Woodward (actually Oden)

5006 DeKalb Way

Stone Mtn, GA 30087

404-783-1655 Cell (Verizon)





No comments:

Post a Comment