Monday, May 11, 2009

Fw: Class of 1959 Commencement Program from John Hayes

 
From: John Hayes
Sent: Sunday, May 10, 2009 9:25 PM
Subject: Class of 1959 Commencement Program

Anne, Carolyn, and Dru,
 
A number of months ago I found the commencement Program for our class in 1959 at my mom's house. I had no idea she had kept a copy of it all these years. I thought I had sent it to one of you, but don't remember hearing or seeing anything about it. Maybe I forgot to send it. I can not even remember which one of you I thought I sent it to. You know, when you get to be my age you some times don't remember things as well as you once did!!
 
Any way, I thought I would be safe rather than sorry, and this time send it to all three of you. I thought our class mates would like to see a copy of it 50 years later.
 
I remember talking to Ann Tyer Waddey (Hey, maybe that is who I sent it to!) and she asked me if her name had a # sign next to it, as that signified an Equivalency Diploma. I could not find her name at first, but then found it as Ann Tyer Swafford. I told her no, but that I would send it to her so she could see it herself.
 
I did not even realize back then that they had listed her with her new married name of Swafford.
 
Any way, please over look my "old age memory" as now I know I have sent it to all three of you.
 
Much love and blessings,
 
John

No comments:

Post a Comment