Thursday, April 9, 2009

Esther MacIlroy


Esther MacIlroy

Hi Dru,
It is such fun to hear from people via the Blog and I appreciate your efforts in setting this up and making it available to us. Thanks, too, to all the team who have done so much to plan for this special time we will have together.

To catch you up on me, after I graduated from Baylor Univ, I spent a year traveling in Europe with a friend. I then started graduate school at Tulane but married after the first year. My husband and I spent a few years in New England before we both finished up our degrees at the Univ of Denver. We moved to San Diego in 1970 and our two daughters were raised here.

I divorced in 1994, closed my private practice in counseling and took a full time social work position at a psychiatric hospital. I retired in 2007 but continue to work occasionally per diem. I have been practicing Tai Chi for many years and a few years ago added a Qi Gong practice. There are so many things that are interesting to me and I thought retirement would give me time to pursue some of them but so far my schedule seems as busy as when I was working.

I have two grandchildren living in Seattle and I visit them as often as I can manage. My other daughter is married and teaches school in Indiana so of course I also go there. And I come frequently to Chattanooga to see my mother who is 98 and still living reasonably independently. I am very much looking forward to catching up with everyone at the reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment