Monday, April 27, 2009

Fw: For Blog

 
----- Original Message -----
From: bsls317
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2009 5:51 PM
Subject: For Blog

George Derryberry and wife, Sharon, will attend reunion
(picture)
 
After CHS, I entered UT in Knoxville in 1959, graduating in 1963. I then entered the U.S. Marine Corps, and served 3 years active duty as an officer in the 2nd Marine Division. Semper Fi!  I returned to UT in the fall of 1966, and received a law degree in 1969. I came back to Chattanooga, and joined a large law firm, practicing as a partner until I opened my own law office in 1990, where I still am practicing. Along the way I also formed a local country rock band, did a good bit of cowboying, and served in Chattanooga's Marine Reserve unit, "Mike Battery" for a few years as Executive Officer. At present I am working on a book about a World War II Marine killed on Iwo Jima. I live on Signal Mountain with my wife, Sharon. My/our kids have given us 8 grandchildren whom we are busy spoiling, with another grandchild on the way. Life is good!

Best regards,

George Derryberry

No comments:

Post a Comment