Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Fw: would you post

 
----- Original Message -----
To: Dru
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:11 PM
Subject: would you post

Ok! So, I didn't get many reservations yesterday! Obviously, the postman was teasing me. Today, I heard from George LaFerry who is coming with his wife Dot and who included a very generous donation. Delmar Reynolds who had already registered just wanted to "help out" sent us an equally generous donation. Thanks, guys! Martie McEwan Ulmer and hubby are coming and included an donation. David Sandlin and friend are coming and signed up for almost everything as well as a super-duper donation. Betty Anderson Dunn is coming and so is Janet McBirney and hubby. Yay!
 
Then, I had the sweetest note from John Hayes. John's wife, Cheryl, has been sick and that is where he has been focusing his attention. (he forgot to send in his registration!) John goes on to say "I do so look forward to seeing all of our classmates that will be attending Friday an Saturday. Some of these I have not seen in the 50 years since we graduated, and I will enjoy so much seeing them again and being able to visit with them.
 
I think all of the committee have worked so hard (yes, we have) and done such a great job of putting this reunion together. I have a younger sister who attended the new City High School and she is always reminding me of how lucky I was to be in the class of '59. And she is so right. We had the best high school and class ever."
 
Now how sweet was that and I totally agree with him.
 
Love from North Chattanooga,
 
Susie Turner Crouch

No comments:

Post a Comment