Friday, April 17, 2009

Eunice McCormick Tenent






Hello Fellow Grads!!

Like everyone else, I’ve been on a really interesting journey since 1959! And, yes, there have been some ups & downs, but being the late bloomer that I am, I’d have to say the last 25 have been my most authentic & productive years.

Got an associate degree from UC in ’61 & married fellow classmate, Buddy Cox. I worked as a secretary for some years & had a wonderful daughter, too. That marriage ended in ‘76 & the following year I married a man w/business interests in several places– so there was lots of traveling during this phase of my life! We moved to Memphis in 1980 & I’ve been here ever since.

Between travels & all, I managed to complete my bachelor’s degree. And this time, I majored in what really interested me: anthropology & art history! With BA from the U of M in hand, I entered their Egyptian Studies Graduate Program. Completed the 2 yr. course work for the masters but didn’t finish my thesis – life intervened & a divorce followed. I spent some fabulous time in Egypt w/fellow grad students – my most adventurous trip to date!! And, I wasn’t exactly a spring chicken then either!!

I launched my own organization & design business in 1995 &, have loved using my natural talents & training in this way. I’ve even done 2 HGTV shows! I’m active in the Episcopal Church – have been involved w/ renovating several sacristies & a vesting rm., too. I’m still working–-but am selective about what I take on. As long as I have clients I enjoy & can muster the energy, I’m not quite ready to hang it all up yet. My website: www.chaosbusters.com. My daughter is married to a musician & they live in Nashville – a very creative couple -- no grandchildren, but a precious granddog!

Many thanks to all the people who’ve scouted & scoured the web & done the hard work of locating so many of us. The blog is a fantastic idea & has really been fun!!

Eunice McCormick Tenent

No comments:

Post a Comment