Friday, April 3, 2009

Paul Robere


Ok, my CHS team, I'm Paul Robere, and I'm coming to the reunion all the way from Bangkok, Thailand (which is 9,125.46 miles from my house to the Chattaooga Choo Choo - as the crow flies. (I wouldn't recommend flying with a crow, because it gets cold over the North Pole...which is my route))

After graduation in 1959, I went to King College, and then to the University of Chattanooga both of which were uneventful. I joined the USN and spent 8 years on active duty..four in the USA and four on the Island of Guam. I got out of the service and joined Control Data Corp designing and maintaining large computer systems. I remained on a reserve status for another 22 years, and retired from the military in 1991.

My computer career continued until 1991 when after a number of companies, I finally decided to hang up my corporate banner, and I set up my consulting firm in Thailand, where I had started a computer manufacturing firm in 1988.

Along the way, I received a BA and MBA in Management and a PhD in Instructional Design. My firm, (Robere & Associates) is in it's 18th year, ad we have offices in Turkey, India, Malaysia and Thailand.


But enough of work, the picture above is me on the set of "Alexander" a film by Oliver Stone. He picked me to be a veteran solder...and this picture is me after being "stoned" in the film, (That has nothing to do with chemical dependency!!)

I'm still involved with Theater and Music here in Thailand, and do about 2-3 plays a year..

I'm looking forward to seeing my old (no pun inteneded) friends and catching up with everyone's activities. Also, my thanks to the wonderful committee for all the work that they've done for this reunion....but I'm concerned: What are they going to to on the 18th of May? :-\ They will probably be like Obama-McCain supporters the day after the election!!.

So stay well, stay healthy and stay in touch. We'll see you soon.

Paul Robere

No comments:

Post a Comment